- Our Sunday Worship Service begins at 10:15 a.m. All are welcome!
- Calvary Stands on the Side of Love: Why Marriage Matters
- Message from the Presiding Bishop of the ELCA, the Rev. Mark Hanson.
- Learn more about the Calvary Emergency Food Shelf and the Urban Arts Academy.
- View the story of the Calvary windows
- View Pastor Brad's and other guest preachers' recent sermons
- We are excited to have a team of bread bakers making bread for communion at Calvary. Here are some notes and recipes put together by the Worship & Spiritual Care Committee. Calvary Communion Bread Baking
Calvary Lutheran Church is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), located at 39th Street & Chicago Avenue in south Minneapolis, at the crossroads of four neighborhoods: Central, Powderhorn, Bryant and Bancroft. (Directions to church)
We are known as:
- A smaller, more intimate Christian community with a strong commitment to living out God’s grace in our neighborhood.
- A diverse, open and hospitable group from young to old, who welcome visitors, whether life-long Christians or those newly seeking a spiritual home.
- A worshipping community with rich, lively, and historic liturgy that includes strong singing, eclectic music, quality preaching, and prayers for those both near and far.
- A place of beauty, gathering in a sanctuary with majestic pipe organ and stained glass windows, a newly remodeled space with flexible seating and ritual centers crafted to befit a worshipping community of the 21st century.
- A community of faith that welcomes people who may have felt excluded by the church because of cultural or ethnic background, race, physical or mental abilities, socioeconomic or family status, gender, age, or sexual orientation. Read our Welcome Statement, and learn more about our core values.